The anticipation of baking something that’s new and delicious is both terrifying and exciting at the same time. As a parent, I always look for new things to bake that will really provide that wow factor for my family, particularly my Reese, who is not always easy to please (It’s rough having a kid who can bake better than you lol). Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
One thing I do know is that Reese loves sweet stuff and she loves bread, which is why I decided to come up with a moist and juicy Caramel Apple Monkey Bread that after one taste, I knew would be a hit. Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
Okay brace yourself, here’s how you make it!
- 3 apples -peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1⁄2 cup of caramel sauce
- 1⁄2 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 3⁄4 cup of butter
- 3⁄4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Nuts for garnish (optional)
- Powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add in apples. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until
tender, but not overly soft.
3. Remove apples from saucepan, drain excess liquid. Place in a bowl and gently coat with flour and
caramel sauce. Set aside to cool.
4. In a small bowl, add in granulated sugar and cinnamon, gently mix together. Set aside.
5. Take rolls and for each roll, cut it in half. Roll it into a ball and with a rolling pin, roll the dough.
Until it’s about a 3-4 inch circle. Fill each circle with a teaspoon and a half of the apple mixture.
Gently, like a dumpling, bring the edges together to the center and pinch together the ends. Coat in the sugar and cinnamon mixture, tap off excess sugar and place it, seam side up onto a well-
greased bundt pan. Continue process until all rolls are used. Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
6. Over medium high heat add in brown sugar and butter into the pan used for the apple mixture
(keep any remaining apples in there). Stirring occasionally, cook for 3-4 minutes. Pour sauce over
the monkey bread. Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
7. Bake for 32-37 minutes. Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting
the pan. Once monkey bread has been flipped out of the pan allow it to set an extra 10 minutes
before garnishing with glaze supplied by Pillsbury, nuts, and powdered sugar. Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
Looking for more awesome recipes? Check these out:
- Breakfast For Busy People: Overnight Oats
- Good Eats: Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- Tailgate Party Kick Off With These Game Day Buffalo Bites