We’re getting close to that time of the year where we get together with our closest friends to watch TV and eat like there’s no tomorrow. Nope, I’m not talking about Thanksgiving, I’m talking about football season, of course! It doesn’t matter if you’re a major Miami Dolphins fan, if you’re rooting for the New England Patriots, or if you couldn’t care less about sports. We can all agree that football season is snack season. So if you don’t want to get caught off guard, it’s time to start planning the menu ahead of the game (pun intended).
This succulent finger food classic is the perfect snack to scream at the TV for hours while you drink beer, watch the game, and go crazy over those bizarre halftime performances!
These Buffalo bites are the perfect entrée, particularly if you’re planning on serving a variety of salsas, cream cheese herbal dips, chips, and other snacks. The buffalo sauce mixed with the cream cheese and ranch dressing is a whole new ball game, so make sure you have a light breakfast the morning of the game because you won’t be able to keep yourself from overdosing on these delicious Buffalo bites. Best of all? They’re super simple to make! Let me show you how it’s done.
Ingredients for Game Day Buffalo Bites:
- 1 ½ pounds of boneless chicken tenders or breast
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon of salt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper, more to taste
- 1/3 cup of buffalo sauce
- 2 teaspoons of ranch seasoning
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup of ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 baguette loaf, cut into 1 inch slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Season chicken with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Place into the oven for 15-20 or until chicken has cooked through. Put chicken to the side and allow it to cool slightly. Once the chicken has cooled, give it a rough chop.
- In a large bowl, add in all of the ingredients (except for the baguette), mix it until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Over medium-high heat, add baguette to a grill or stovetop grill pan, grease pan if necessary. Grill baguette on both sides until it has slight grill marks. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of buffalo mixture to each baguette slice. Garnish with additional buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumbles, and chopped green onions -if desired.
Serves about 12-15 “bites”.