Thanks to COVID we spent a lot of time in the house in 2020. Some of us baked bread, some of us made some kids lol…and some of us threw in our Apple AirPods and spent time discovering new music. If you’re searching for new music to take on COVID 2.0 (because let’s face it, we all know it’s coming), Start here…Here are a few tunes I had on repeat in 2020!
Spotify New Music Discovery
After being stuck in the house for what seemed like forever I started to step out of my music comfort zone and I’m proud to say I discovered 533 new artists I had never listened to before (yeah crazy right). A few of my new discoveries and songs I fell in love with were:
My Top Genres
I’m a creature of habit and I don’t often stray too far away from the music I love. If you were to take a peek at my Spotify playlist you’ll mostly find music from these genres:
- Pop Rap
- Alternative Metal
- Alternative R&B
My Top Song of 2020
I was kinda shocked by this because there is one artist you’ll always find on repeat in my house (slow your roll, we’re getting to that). But to my surprise, my top song of 2020 was actually…
My Top Songs of 2020
Although I spent a lot of time listing to Nights Like This by Kehlani (Feat. Ty Dolla $ign) there were a few other songs I had on repeat in 2020 and yall, it’s no wonder I needed Airpods, this playlist was fire and I’m surprised I didn’t end up with a baby in 2020 lol. While these were my top songs in 2020 you might wanna proceed with caution (or a pack of birth control) lol.
- Nights Like This – Kehlani (Feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
- Or Nah – Ty Dolla $ign (Feat. The Weeknd and Wiz Khalifa)
- Ride – SoMo
- Make Me Proud – Drake (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
- Neighbors Know My Name -Trey Songs
My Favorite Podcasts of 2020
2020 wasn’t just the year of new music, it was also the year of the podcast for me because when you’re stuck in the house for almost a year, what else is there to do? If you’re looking for a good podcast, check out a few of my favorites from 2020.
- Scare You To Sleep – Shelby Scott – Curl up and relax as I read you a spooky bedtime story! Join me in enjoying the soothing, although somewhat unnerving, sounds of all that goes bump in the night. From ghosts in the bayou to serial killers in the 90s, we’ve got everything you need to be scared to sleep!
- Rotten Mango – Stephanie Soo & Audioboom – Rotten but still a little sweet! Rotten Mango is a true-crime + all things spooky podcast. We love doing deep dives into the darkest crimes and we tend to not leave out any details – which can get a little rotten at times. If you want deep dives into the psychology of killers, no holding back storytelling of crimes, and stories of lesser-known criminals from around the world this is the place for you. Welcome to Rotten Mango but don’t worry it all comes with a seasoning of comedy/sweetness.
- Morbid: A True Crime Podcast – It’s a lighthearted nightmare in here, weirdos! Morbid is a true crime, creepy history, and all things spooky podcast hosted by an autopsy technician and a hairstylist. Join us for a heavy dose of research with a dash of comedy thrown in for flavor.
- Motivational Speeches – Motivationly – Motivational Speeches may be the force that is driving keeps pushing us to reach a certain goal through our actions. You fail to accomplish it with full commitment and efficiency when you do ongoing work without any motivation. Motivational Speech helps to increase work productivity and brings out the most readily useful of a person’s potential that is true.
- Sol Good Sounds – If you love ASMR this is the podcast for you. From NY subway sounds to my favorites crackling fire and traffic in the rain, these soothing sounds will help you fall asleep.
My Tops Artist In 2020
These shouldn’t come as a shocker if you’ve been following me on Facebook or Instagram for any length of time. I’ve been a huge fan of all of these artists for years. 2020 was extra tragic because I had several concerts canceled this year. I had tickets to see The Weeknd in Los Angeles and Toronto, Justin Bieber in Montreal Canada, and Drake in Los Angeles. I held on to the tickets and am hoping they are rescheduled for 2021.
- The Weeknd
- Trey Songz
- Justin Bieber
My Top Artist in 2020
So, unless you have been living under a rock for the past 10 years you already know who my artist of the year was. The Grammys didn’t agree with me (but that’s a post for another day because my man was ROBBED!). I think it’s safe to say that anyone with decent music taste in 2020 had After Hours on repeat all of 2020. The Weeknd and After Hours were my new music saving grace in 2020.