Halloween is one of Reese’s favorite Holidays and since this is our first Halloween homeschooling, I wanted to make it fun. With a little help from Pinterest, I’m here to share a few Halloween homeschool ideas and ways we plan to celebrate Halloween all month long.
1. Reading – Edgar Allan PoeI fell in love with creepy stories from Edgar Allan Poe as a kid so I’m looking forward to introducing Reese to The Raven, The Tell-Tale Heart, and The Pit and the Pendulum.
2. Writing – Halloween Themed Writing Prompts
Reese is not big on writing, as a matter of fact, she hates it. I discovered if I had her write in small bursts she did much better so, we live by writing prompts. I came ...
4. History – Field Trip Time: Mourn and Play at Heritage Square MuseumOne of the perks of homeschooling is being able to take field trips whenever you want. I remembered reading about Heritage Square Museum’s popular ...
5. Science – Outschool: Test Your Halloween Candy
In this class, the students will learn the vocabulary terms: acid, base, alkaline, pH, pH scale. The students will participate in developing a working hypothesis for the outcome of this lab.
8. Spanish – Disney’s Coco with SubtitlesA quick search on Netflix and I was able to find the Spanish version. Pop some popcorn, turn on the subtitles and in one evening you can knock out a Spanish lesson and get a quick lesson on Mexican culture.
9. Life Skill – Sewing A Trick-or-Treat BagNot only is sewing an important life skill, but it’s also a fun way to brush up on basic math skills like addition, subtraction, and division and learn new skills like fractions and using measurements.